WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that there are many paths to optimize one’s health and fitness and that the formula is unique for every single human.
- Our mission is to help humans attack the conventional approaches to fitness and crack the code to the individual combination of exercise, nutrition and recovery that is the unique formula to realize their optimum fitness potential.
IT IS OUR PRACTICE
- It is our practice to reveal a diverse set of options as possibilities for each human to play with and explore, so that they might learn and grow.
WHO WE ARE:
- A team of talented fitness professionals dedicated to bringing optimal human performance to the general public and to an under served population in NYC.
- A community of people committed to teaching, learning and sharing a modern approach to nutrition that draws on the concepts of Paleo nutrition, Raw Food Veganism, Primal cuisine and the teachings of the late fitness guru Vince Gironda.
- Purveyors of functional fitness. We don’t believe fitness is really functional if it consists of exercises that you only do when you are inside a fitness studio, or gym. So, our version of functional fitness involves you going outside to train often. You will push sleds, ride bikes that actually go somewhere, run sprints, do lunges and perhaps even ride giant skateboards.
WHAT WE ARE NOT:
- We are not a trendy fitness studio where 20 people squeeze into a darkened room 2 ft apart and do the same movements with minimal instruction while loud music blasts out of the speakers.
- We do not promote tons of cardio and starvation diets as the path to get in shape.
WE ARE NOT A GYM. WE ARE NOT A BOUTIQUE.
WE ARE A FITNESS LABORATORY!
We are a fitness laboratory staffed by personnel and equipped with the tools to empower you to achieve and to maintain your optimum physical condition.
We are a fitness paradigm shift. We are a platform for physical transformation. We are your platform for physical transformation.
WE BUILD LEAN, POWERFUL HUMANS!
Edward Rush: Co-Owner
Co-Owner Edward Rush is a graduate of Howard University School of Law. Edward, or Coach E. which is the way he is known by most in the fitness world. Mr. Rush has led a dual life, working as a tenant organizer, environmental organizer and finally as the NY State Legislative Director for a social justice organization focusing primarily on criminal justice reform. “ I have owned fitness facilities in Washington DC and downtown in the Flatiron neighborhood of NYC, but I feel the greatest need exists in the community I live in —Harlem.
Donte Jones : Co-Owner
With the rapid increase in the number of hours Americans sit behind an office desk, it is no surprise the health of our nation continues to decrease. The human body was built for movement and inactivity is the leading cause of many health ills such as high blood pressure, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart attack and stroke. Unfortunately for many of us, it usually takes a health scare for us to realize a drastic change is needed.
With his popular tag line “get to moving,” Donte Jones has been helping clients do just that for over 20 years. Donte is Harvard University graduate with a degree in Economics. He has a diverse background in athletics and is also a former collegiate football player for the Crimson. Donte’s best quality is his ability to help clients enjoy the process of improving their lives. He can often be heard singing and enjoying a laugh with his clients throughout a training session. “I am blessed to be able to enjoy what I do for a living.” Donte’s uncanny ability to get the most out of everyone he works with keeps him in high demand. His diverse client pool ranges from preteens, regular fitness professionals, athletes from various sports, and senior citizens.